Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 1: The Formation

One week down, and many more profitable weeks to go!

This was going to be a tough week. I knew that going in. It wasn't just going to be taxing, to try and start a new journey to the end of the year. But it was also a very trying time with my work. It has been an emotional and rough few days, but nothing I couldn't overcome with a positive attitude.

So I hopped on a treadmill at least four times this week. I enlisted the help of my friend to go to a pilates class (which ended up being yoga instead) and get some steps in. I pushed myself more that I've pushed myself in the past, which is a good step in itself. It really helps to have made myself text and contact all the people I need to support me in this endeavor, in order to hold myself accountable. So that same friend, she and I had been texting each other after each workout, to make sure we actually did. Of course, there were a few sweaty selfies sent to ensure we broke a sweat!

Saturday morning, I decided it'd been enough time since my last weigh in to do a check in.

-4 lbs!

It is good to see progress on the scale. But another motivating thing is to see friends change and prosper too. A friend of mine just lost 14 pounds in 40 days! She's making big changes in her life, and really sticking to her guns. There's a lot to be said for that. She also has an office much like mine, which brings in food from all sorts of places, trying to entice you to break from your journey. But she's not having any of that crap, and isn't letting the allure of the sugar rush divert her from her goal.

Week 2 won't be so demanding at work, which is helpful as far as getting in some major sweat sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment